Agilent announces 1- and 2-kW power solutions for R&D
May 6, 2014. Agilent Technologies Inc. has announced an enhancement to the Agilent 14585A control and analysis software for advanced power supplies, adding support for the N7900 Advanced Power System (APS) dynamic DC power supplies.
The N7900 Series power supplies with VersaPower architecture offer features and specifications for fast operation and advanced measurements with reduced development time and support costs. These 1- and 2-kW models, expandable to 10 kW, were designed for applications where high-speed dynamic sourcing and measurement is needed.
The Agilent 14585A software enhances the user experience of the APS N7900 Series, giving R&D engineers access to the power supplies’ advanced functionality without having to write a single line of code. The engineers can now perform complex tasks, such as waveform creation or long-term data logging, in a matter of minutes, with just a few clicks.
“We are excited to meet the needs of our customers who require high power in R&D,” said Kari Fauber, general manager of Agilent’s Power and Energy Division. “Now that the 14585A software supports our Advance Power System N7900 Series, R&D engineers working on high-power devices no longer need to spend time being programmers.”
The 14585A software includes this advanced functionality:
- Enhanced control and analysis of data, using familiar PC controls and large display.
- Simultaneous control of up to four APS N7900 Series power supplies.
- Four modes of operation: scope (short-term waveform capture), data logger (long-term waveform capture), CCDF statistical analysis, and ARB (waveform creation).
- Graphical user software—no programming required.
- Accurate capture of current drain measurements from seconds to days directly to a PC.
- Advanced marker measurements (Min, Avg, Max, RMS, Peak-to-Peak, Charge/ Energy).
- Ability to easily create complex waveforms to stimulate or load down a DUT by inputting a formula, choosing from built-in or imported waveform data.
- Data logging of measurements directly to a PC.
- Export of data to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or text file.
- Ability to capture a waveform, then play it back, using scope or data logger to capture, then use the power supply’s source/sink function to reproduce it.
- Application of mathematic functions to captured waveforms.
- Ability to name and choose colors for waveform traces for easy identification.
The specifications and advanced measurement capabilities of the APS N7900 Series include full two-quadrant operation for power storage test applications,dual voltage and current measurement capability with DMM-like accuracy,current and voltage high-resolution digitizers for making dynamic measurements, built-in paralleling capability up to 10 kW, smart triggering to protect high-value DUTs, up/down programming speeds of 500 µs, and LAN (LXI Core), USB, GPIB, and analog interfaces.
To see how the Advanced Power System can help users overcome tough power-related test challenges, go to www.agilent.com/find/TestChallenges.