July 13, 2013. Teradyne at SEMICON West announced the immediate availability of the J750Ex-HD production test system. The company said the J750EX-HD delivers breakthrough cost of production test reductions with innovative new capabilities tailored for testing consumer SoC applications, including digital wafer sort and final test of microcontrollers, image sensors, and mobile connectivity devices. J750Ex-HD includes system enhancements and new High Density (HD) instruments, which can be used with over 4,000 J750 and IP750 installed test systems to seamlessly run new and existing test programs. Teradyne said it has received multiple orders from multiple customers and began shipments of the new HD instruments and J750Ex-HD systems in the second quarter of 2013.
The new J750Ex-HD includes these capabilities:
- HSD800 Multifunction Instrument—a third-generation digital instrument providing 128 high-speed digital channels, scalable to 2,048 channels per system. The instrument also introduces DIB Access, a feature allowing unique tester resources, including High Voltage and Digital Source and Signal Capture (DSSC) pins, to be easily connected without external hardware. DIB Access reduces load-board complexity, shortening time-to-market, and simplifying concurrent test to increase overall test cell throughput.
- 72-channel HD CTO—a precision DC and analog instrument with graphical programming templates and debug tools to simplify converter testing and other precision DC measurements.
- IG-XL 3.60 software—which extends pushbutton program scalability to 512 sites.
- Zero-footprint, air-cooled system—which minimizes floor space.
- Compatible operation—system architecture maintains pin and program compatibility with existing J750Ex device programs.
“IG-XL software enables push-button multisite program scalability to meet ever shrinking production ramp timelines and address the broadest range of mainstream consumer SoC test requirements at unrivaled cost of test,” said Jason Zee, general manager of Teradyne's Consumer Business Unit. “Since the J750 is available at over 50 OSATs and HD instruments can be upgraded in the field, IDM and fabless companies can immediately realize the cost-of-test benefits enabled by J750Ex-HD.”
Teradyne's J750 platform is designed for cost-effective test of a broad set of diverse microcontroller, FPGA, and digital audio/baseband devices. With over 4,000 system shipments to date, the J750 is available at more than 50 OSAT locations and is supported by a complete set of production interface solutions for wafer sort and final test.