April 2, 2013. Global Specialties today introduced the RP6v2, a C-programmable robotic vehicle. The RP6v2 is an economical autonomous mobile robot system that provides an introduction to the world of robotics for beginners as well as experienced electronics and software developers.
Programmable in C, the RP6v2 offers many possibilities for expansion as your programming skills grow. The RP6v2 is suitable for educational curricula at universities, trade schools, and high schools. An extensive manual, sample programs, and a C function library combine to make programming easy. All library and sample programs are open source (GNU GPL).
The RP6v2 incudes the following features:
- Atmel ATMEGA32 8-bit RISC microcontroller with 8 MIPS and 8MHz clock
- delivered fully assembled (no soldering needed)
- CD with software and 138 page manual
- AVR-GCC and RobotLoader open-source software for use with Windows and Linux
- programmable in C
- receives IR codes in RC-5 format
- USB Interface
- module I2C bus expansion system
- sample C programs and C function library
- large payload capacity
- integrated light, collision, speed, and IR-obstacle sensors
- two 7.2-VDC motors
- 625 CPR (cycles per revolution) encoder resolution for precise speed regulation
- six PCB expansion areas
Expansion boards may be stacked as needed. A powerful tank drive train can drive up steep ramps and over obstacles. The product has a 1-year warranty. List price is $199.