March 13, 2014. Aeroflex announced today the release of a new option to the IFR6000 avionics transponder test set. The new IFR6000 UAT Option 5 allows for easy, user-friendly installation support and verification of ADS-B/TIS-B and FIS-B information over 978-MHz frequency for aircraft flying below 18,000 feet. UAT transceivers will also be installed on airport ground support equipment (fuel trucks, life support, and emergency equipment) whose installations will also need to be verified.
The IFR6000 Option 5 will allow independent testing of each UAT function in a menu driven format and follows the same setup and execution procedures of any other IFR6000 capability. Features include
- Simulation of TIS-B, FIS-B, and ADS-B positional data information.
- Receive, capture, and decode ADS-B transmissions from airborne UAT transceivers.
- Display aircraft AA ICAO address, LAT/LONG, and other vector information.
- Test screens providing up to five static intruders and entry for UUT LAT/LONG and UUT heading, with independent bearing and range for each intruder.
- Display of METARS/TAF information.
The IFR 6000 Option 5 for UAT capability can either be retrofitted into a unit already in use or included as an installed feature in a new unit at the time of order.