Souderton, PA. AR RF/Microwave Instrumentation has just introduced a line of solid-state field-generating systems for numerous markets and applications.
These products now offer an attractive alternative to using traveling wave tube amplifiers (TWTAs) driving separate antennas to generate field strength up to 50 V/m, the company said. Performance characteristics of this magnitude (both in frequency and output power) were previously dominated by low MTBF, short warranty TWTAs, but these new solid state designs offer better performance, increased reliability, and a 3-year warranty.
The amplifier and horn antenna combination form one completely housed unit, which may be tripod mounted. These new “AA” series systems produce field strengths up to 50 V/m in two band-specific models over the 18- to 40-GHz frequency range when driven with a suitable signal generator. A separate rack-mounted unit (AA1000) contains the power supply and control circuitry (RF & DC cables included) for interfacing with these products. The rack-mounted assembly can be used for any of the AA series designs. AR can supply the AA model(s) and AA1000 in addition to a signal generator for a complete turnkey system. Standard products cover 18- to 26.5-GHz and 26.5- to 40-GHz frequency ranges.
Applications include EMC radiated susceptibility for MIL-STD-461 testing, radar systems, communications, and TWT Replacements.
Here are the specific product offerings:
- AA18G26-20, 18 to 26.5 GHz, producing a field strength of 20 V/m at 1 meter;
- AA18G26-50, 18 to 26.5 GHz, producing a field strength of 50 V/m at 1 meter;
- AA26G40-20, 26.5 to 40 GHz, producing a field strength of 20 V/m at 1 meter;
- AA26G40-50, 26.5 to 40 GHz, producing a field strength of 50V/m at 1 meter; and
- AA1000, rack-mounted power supply, control circuitry, and fault monitoring.
For more information click here.